Metro Community Hubs vision is to play a vital part in connecting the community. We welcome all organisations and local businesses to join us to achieve this vision. Together we can increase the range of services that our members and the community can access.
Recent examples include
- Working with Brisbane City Council to look at local issues and local solutions
- COTA and the Queensland Government for Seniors Week
- We are also talking to organisations to look at transport issues
- Flexi Care Inc. hold their fortnightly podiatry clinic (bookings through Flexi Care Inc)
Join Our Network
Links to Local Organisations
We also assist the community by providing links about local events and activities:
- Flexicare Podaitry Service: Covers many areas in Brisbane phone 3422 8419 for more information or visit their website.
- South Brisbane Men's Shed : The South Brisbane Men's Shed is located at 141 Merton Road, Woolloongabba and is a traditional Men's Shed. Phone 0401 227 810 for the latest information or visit their website.
- Carer's Australia Queensland: An organisation that supports carer's. If you find yourself caring in any capacity and need assistance contact the Carer Advisory Service on 1800 242 636 or visit their website
- Carer's Queensland Empower Care Program: CHSP support. Contact Tracey Kane, Manager on 3723 5016 or email
- Continence Foundation of Australia: Advice and resources for all continence related issues. Contact Rae Plush, Health Promotion Officer on 3723 5012 or the National Continence Helpline on 1800 33 00 66, or visit their website
- Heart Foundation Walking Program. Contact Anita Cromb on 3872 2523 or email for more information
- Brisbane City Council Community Grant Program. Grants for various purposes, for more information visit their website.
- Be Connected on line learning for people 50+. Visit their website for more details.
- Search Tempo - Get found on Google. Visit Serach Tempo's website for more information.
Find out more about what we do
What Our Members Say
Metro Community Hub changed my life. I was my husbands’ carer and once he passed away I was lost. A friend recommended I come along and I have not looked back since. All week I look forward to my days spent with my friends and doing enjoyable activities. I love the outings and the friends I have made and that we look after each other
– Marian P
"The Metro Community Hub is a focal point for creating opportunities for people to connect"
"Enhancing Lifestyles through Community Connectedness"
"Our clients have the right to be respected for their individuality, diversity and uniqueness. All support and assistance offered will enhance our clients’ independence, strengths and abilities"